Results: 4 servings
Heavy medium saucepan
3/4 cup sugar
3 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups whole milk
3/4 teaspoon instant coffee crystals (optional, but makes it much richer)
6 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped)
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Mix sugar, egg yolks and cornstarch in heayv medium saucepan
2. Gradually Whisk in milk.
3. Continue whisking over medium heat until pudding thickens and comes to boil (about 5 minutes).
4. Continue to boil 1 minute longer, whisking constantly.
5. Remove pudding from heat.
6. Add chocolate, butter and vanilla
7. Whisk until pudding is smooth.
8. Divide between 4 dessert dishes.
9. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
10. Spoon whipped cream atop the pudding, and sprinkle with freshly ground coffee or fresh raspberries before serving.
Original recipe from:
Active Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes