Results: 6 servings, 1/2 C. each
Ice cream machine or freezer
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla pod
1. Combine the milk and cream in a saucepan and bring to boiling point.
2. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
3. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
4. Gradually Whisk in the milk mixture.
5. Return the mixture to a saucepan and cook over low heat for about 5-7 minutes, Whisk gently, until the mixture thickens.
6. Let cool
7. Freeze in an ice cream machine (follow manufacturer's instructions). Alternatively, you can freeze the mixture and remove it and scrape or mix it up as it freezes. Freezer time may vary due to different freezer capabilities.
Original recipe from: