1 med. hen
3 cups plain flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. Crisco shortening
2 egg yokes
3/4 cup COLD water
1. Season hen with salt and pepper.
2. Boil hen in large pot until tender.
3. Debone if desired.
1. In large bowl mix flour, salt, and shortening.
2. Beat egg yolks and add to mixture.
3. Add small amounts of water until mixture is completely moist.
4. Remove dough from bowl to rolling board.
5. Sprinkle with flour enough to knead.
6. Knead dough until it handles easily.
7. Divide dough into two equal parts.
8. Roll dough with rolling pin until VERY thin.
9. Cut into small squares.
10. Chicken broth should be boiling rapidly when dumplings are added.
11. After all dumplings have been added reduce heat and cook about 15 minutes.
12. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup sweet milk.
Original recipe from: