Friday, October 28, 2011

3rd "Conservation" Linky: Share Ways That You Creatively Dispose of Non-Recycleables, 10/28/11-11/3/11

Imagine that you live on a spaceship (because you do) traveling to the nearest extra-solar star* [OK, you're on a BIG spaceship orbiting the Sun...].

What would you take? How would you do things differently?

I'm Pam Hoffman and I was 'green' when it was still a color. I started making different decisions about my personal "Conservation" back in the 80s, I just always thought of it as 'spaceship thinking' so I reused, recycled, re-purposed, composted and plain old did not get things as part of my daily routine.

I'm Jeff Miller. My parents went through the depression and WWII rationing so, I too, was raised to think of ways to reuse, recycle, and re-purpose things. I do my bit to conserve resources but I'm not radical about it. In my own bit of "spaceship thinking," I've always felt that we've been tearing apart the life support system to repair the coffee maker. However, I'm a technophile so I think that our increasing understanding and innovations will eventually solve the problem. I just hope that there's something left to save.

Topic of the week:

Sometimes, there really isn't a good way to reuse, recycle, up-cycle, etc. We just have to do something else with the stuff we produce - like throwing egg shells into the compost. This week, we're looking for creative ways to send your refuse to it's final resting place while avoiding actual landfills.

I'll give you an other example. I love molded Styrofoam. I have collected many pieces and used them for various sculptures and other things. I had one that I put out on the table, added water and a stem full of flowers, bougainvillea I think it was. I remember wondering 'will the Styrofoam hold water?' and then I thought of Styrofoam cups! Duh.

That's the sort of thing we're looking for this week. OH, egg shells can be used in the garbage disposer too I understand - helps scrape off the sides because it's abrasive.

Go Ahead and Add YOUR Best Creative Final Resting Place Ideas Below.

Thanks for playing. Here are a few 'rules' to maintain your spot on this "Conservation" Linky Series...

1. Please Adhere to the Linky Party Theme
2. Link Directly to YOUR Participating Post (not just the main URL)
3. Link Back From Your Post to This Post (NOT a different page) With the Text: CoE - Creative Final Resting Place
4. Please Do Your Best to Visit Fellow Participants Posts and Leave Them a Comment. Isn't That Why YOU'RE Here?

This Linky will reorder the links by 'Likes.' If you want to stay in the top spots, have everyone you know stop by and click on the 'Like' by your link!

Have Fun!

Share Your Creative Final Resting Place Ideas Below:



*Proxima Centauri

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, thanks so much for inviting me to the party! I am glad to link up! I am now your newest follower; and I hope you will follow me back! Can't wait to watch your blog grow! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the party invitation! What a clever theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shenita! Hi Korrie! Thanks for stopping by and adding your links! We will visit your blog again sometime soon!

    Pam Hoffman
    http://www.conservationofeggs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm late to the party! Sorry, got caught up with work. Btw, thanks for the sweet comment. I know, just like you, I can spend tons of time just tinkering my blog - so addictive, isn't it. Just be patient; that's how I started, too. 1 comment here and there but if you consistently post good articles and leave thoughtful comments to others, plus of course, join blog parties, your comments will soar and you'll increase followers. Hope to see you again on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey SJ!

    Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate it.

    We'll post a new Linky Party every Friday. I'm looking at getting a 'badge' made too. I have a great graphics art friend who did the cover for our book. Isn't it wonderful?

    If you'd like to know what's coming, we actually plotted out our upcoming Linky Parties here: http://conservationofeggs.blogspot.com/2011/10/coe-linky-party-calendar.html

    And here's the current one: http://conservationofeggs.blogspot.com/2011/11/4th-conservation-linky-share-your-best.html

    I suppose I continually wonder if the posts are good. I want to be informative and useful. I've had other blogs which didn't quite go where I wanted them too.. I do have more experience now and I watched a great video about developing 'peripheral' topics of interest to the person I want to help the most. I have about 150 of them now which really helps when I'm wondering when the heck to write about.

    I know I'll be back to visit Homemaker on a Dime too!

    I'll take a look on Sunday - I forget what is happening then...

    Pam Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea! I love it. I found you from you finding me on Homemaker on a Dime. I am really liking your blog!

    Kristen 1sewgreenmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete