Results: 14 servings
2 extra egg yolks
4 cups whole milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 cup bourbon
1. Start by whisking the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a large pan until well-blended.
2. Keep on whisking while you slowly pour in the milk until it is completely mixed-in.
3. Next, set the pan on your stove's burner and turn it to the lowest possible setting.
4. Continuously whisk ingredients for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture reaches 160°F and will coat the underside of a spoon.
5. Next, remove the mixture from heat and strain it into a large-sized bowl, making sure to get out any pieces of cooked egg.
6. Now stir in the bourbon, vanilla, and nutmeg, and transfer your mixture to a covered dish.
7. Refrigerate the mix for at least 4 hours before proceeding.
8. Finally, when you're ready to serve your eggnog with alcohol, grab the heavy cream and whip it well. Now just fold in the chilled mix, pour, serve and enjoy!