Oven (preheat to 350F)
4 large egg whites
1 pinch of salt
1 (8oz) package of sweetened shredded coconut (lightly toasted)
1/2 cup sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a electric mixer with a whip attachment whip the egg whites with the salt until they become white and begin to stiffen.
3. Add optional sugar in small quantities and continue to whip the egg mixture until it becomes quite stiff.
4. Fold in the toasted coconut.
5. Scoop little balls of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The outside should be golden brown and the inside should still be moist.
Original recipe from: