Small microwaveable dish
50ml/2fl. oz. double cream
1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped out)
1 pinch ground cinnamon
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp butter (for greasing)
2 plain croissants (sliced)
3 tbsp redcurrant jelly
1. Pour the cream into a saucepan.
2. Add the vanilla pod, scraped out seeds and cinnamon.
3. Heat until gently simmering but not boiling.
4. Remove from the heat.
5. Remove the vanilla pod and throw away.
6. Place the egg yolks and icing sugar into a large bowl and Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
7. Pour the egg yolk mixture into the cream, whisking well.
8. Return the pan to the heat and cook gently, stirring until the custard has thickened slightly.
9. Grease a small microwaveable dish and place the sliced croissants into the bottom of the dish.
10. Pour the custard over the croissants.
11. Transfer the dish to the microwave and cook on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
12. Place the red currant jelly into a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
13. To serve, remove the bread and butter pudding from the microwave, brush with the warm redcurrant jelly and dust with icing sugar.
Original recipe from: