Oven (preheat to 400F)
Cookie sheet (well greased)
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 egg whites
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (melted)
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
3 tbsp. dried lavender flowers (finely chopped)
1. Whisk the sugar and flour together.
2. Add the egg whites, one at a time, mixing well after each.
3. Whisk in the melted butter, lemon extract and chopped lavender flowers.
4. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Spoon cookie batter by the teaspoonful onto a well-greased cookie sheet, leaving lots of space between each cookie. They spread out flat.
7. Cook just until the edges begin to brown.
8. Remove from oven and from cookie sheet immediately.
9. Adjust temperature as necessary.
10. Regrease cookie sheet.
11. Repeat steps 6 - 10 until all the dough is used up.
Original recipe from: